Workers’ Compensation Attorney New Jersey
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a form of insurance that employers carry to cover the costs of medical care and to provide cash benefits for employees who are injured on the job or who contract illnesses as a result of workplace conditions. Injured or ill workers can receive workers’ compensation that covers medical bills and, in some cases, lost wages. If a worker is determined to be eligible for workers’ compensation, they will receive the full amount of compensation regardless of whether they were partly at fault for the accident or the exposure to hazardous materials. Employees who are found to be at fault because of the use of alcohol or drugs on the job or from deliberate action, however, may be ineligible to receive workers’ compensation.
Injuries and Illnesses That May Be Covered by Workers’ Compensation
Accidents on the job are often the result of unsafe conditions. These are not the only types of medical issues that can result in workers’ compensation being awarded, however. Exposure to certain hazardous materials can lead to serious medical conditions. Treatment for these conditions and lost wages can also be covered by workers’ compensation.
Disputes by Employers or Insurance Companies
To receive workers’ compensation, employees must demonstrate that their medical issues are work-related. Employers and insurers can dispute workers’ compensation claims, which can delay payment or even prevent workers from receiving fair compensation for injuries or work-related illnesses. The attorneys at Di Lauri & Hewitt Law Group can provide practical help in navigating the workers’ compensation application process and in ensuring that you and your family members receive the fair compensation to which you are legally entitled.
Services We Offer for Workers’ Compensation Cases
At Di Lauri & Hewitt Law Group, we have the experience and proven legal knowledge necessary to help you manage workers’ compensation cases more effectively. Some of the services we offer include the following:
- We can help you obtain reimbursement for medical costs associated with your on-the-job injury or work-related illness. Di Lauri & Hewitt Law Group can even recommend medical service providers to streamline your search for care after these incidents.
- Our team will keep you up to date on all aspects of your case. We will work with you at all phases of your workers’ compensation application and will do our best to ensure a positive outcome for you.
- The attorneys at Di Lauri & Hewitt Law Group will file all necessary claims, documentation and other paperwork in a timely way.
- We will assist you in collecting documentation of your condition, the likely cause of your injury or illness and the medical bills you sustain in treating these issues.
- We will also negotiate directly with your employer and the insurance companies involved to make sure that your claim is handled properly. If you are not treated fairly by your employer or by the insurance companies dealing with your claim, our attorneys can pursue legal action to hold these parties responsible for their delays and failure to act in accordance with the law.
- Di Lauri & Hewitt Law Group can also file third-party claims where appropriate. This can help you to obtain added compensation in some cases.
At Di Lauri & Hewitt Law Group, we go the extra mile to help our clients achieve greater success in their legal matters. If you are currently seeking workers’ compensation for an injury or illness that occurred on the job or was the result of conditions in your workplace, we can provide the best possible solutions for your needs. Give our team a call today at 973-285-3220 to discuss your workers’ compensation claim with us. We are here for you.
Get in touch with us
We understand how important it is for our clients to get the legal help they need today. We are here for you.